Ooberpad brings you the Polk Audio FXiA4 - an audiophile grade Bipole/Dipole surround speakers. The speaker incorporates a 5.25" midbass driver along with two 1" dome tweeters to produce real-life sound effects from a compact build size. The FXiA4 speakers are inspired by surround sound speakers deployed in actual movie cinemas for an immersive listening experience.
The Polk Audio FXiA4's unique trapezoidal-shaped cabinets aim the drivers and tweeters in opposing directions. This produces a realistic and lifelike imaging of surround sound. With the flip of a switch, the dipole/bipole circuitry can change the sound-field from direct to indirect radiation patterns allowing you to place the surround speaker beside or behind you depending on your listening room setup.
With a plenty of Polk Audio technologies and keyhole slots for quick mounting, the FXiA4 is equipped to take your movie watching experience to a new immersive level. Timbre-matched with other speakers from the Polk Audio RTiA series, the FXiA4 is ideal for surround sound home theatre systems.
- Audiophile-grade Bipole/Dipole surround speakers
- Features 5.25" mid-bass driver with two 1" dome tweeters to reproduce realistic surround sound
- Polk Audio's patented Dynamic Balance technology with Klippel motor optimization for superior sound
- Unique trapezoidal shaped cabinets to aim the drivers & tweeters in opposing directions for lifelike imaging of surround sound
- Dipole/Bipole circuitry change flip switch change the sound-field from direct to indirect radiation patterns for versatile placement options
- Built-in keyhole slots for easy and versatile mounting options
- Audiophile-grade cascade tapered crossover for optimal frequency distribution
- Patented Acoustic Resonance Control® (ARC) technology to reduce cabinet resonance and distortion for natural sound
- Computer-modelled anti-diffraction grilles for minimizing sonic interference
- Timbre-matched with Polk Audio RTiA series for seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems
- Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts for maximum signal fidelity
Benefits of Polk Audio FXiA4 Bipole/Dipole Surround Speaker:
Polk Audio's patented Dynamic Balance Technology
The FXiA4 surround speaker drivers feature Polk Audio’s proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology. This new-age design reduces unwanted distortion and system resonances to deliver superior and detailed sound reproduction.
Unique trapezoidal shaped cabinets
The trapezoidal shaped cabinets aim the drivers and tweeters in opposing directions to produce a more realistically diffuse wavefront and wide, lifelike imaging of surround sound. Keyhole slots make mounting a snap.
Multi-functional Dipole/Bipole circuitry
With the flip of a switch, our dipole/bipole circuitry changes the sound-field from direct to indirect radiation patterns enabling you to place the surround speaker beside or behind you depending on your listening room setup.
Robust DAHLI cabinet designThe asymmetric design is made from a 6-layer laminate with 5 viscous layers to create the optimal shear damping (OSD) system. The process is specifically developed for Polk Audio speakers. An elegant styling aside, creating curved cabinets not only results in a stronger, more rigid and acoustically inert enclosure, but the curved walls also produce less audible colouration from panel resonances.
Highly-efficient Audiophile-grade crossover
The FXiA Cascade Tapered Crossover eliminates the comb filtering and beaming, common to multi-driver speakers, which degrades the quality of the audio and collapses the soundstage.
Gold-plated 5-way binding postsThe Polk Audio FXiA4 features Dual gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options. Dual binding posts allow bi-amp or bi-wire connections, for the ultimate in customized high-performance audio.
Timbre-matched with the RTiA series
Polk Audio FXiA4 is timbre-matched within RTiA series. It is designed with the same components to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems. This delivers a unified, seamless, and immersive surround sound experience.
Where to buy?
Technical Specifications of Polk Audio FXiA4 Bipole/Dipole Surround Speaker:
|Brand & Model #||Polk Audio FXiA4 Surround Speaker|
|Configuration||2-Way 3 Speaker Bipole/Dipole Surrounds|
|Driver Enclosure Type||
Acoustically Tuned Vent
(1) 5.25" (13.34 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance driver with polymer composite cone and rubber surround - Mid/Woofer
(2) 1" (2.54 cm) d (Round) Dynamic Balance silk polymer composite dome - Tweeter
|Driver Size||165mm LF/MF,2 x 25 mm HF|
Total Frequency Response
50Hz - 27kHz
20 - 125 watts per channel
Sensitivity (1 watt @ 1 meter)
Dimensions (H x W x D)
305 x 289 x 200 mm