Integrated amplifiers are clearly the future of Hi-Fi as they breathe life into a hi-fi system. The power amplifier and a preamplifier combined together pack a hefty punch and get your music system singing.
Integrated amps build the preamplifier and the power amp into the same box, mostly drawing from the same power supply (though not always). Resultantly, the source switching, volume control, and amplification happen inside your integrated amplifier. Integrating the various sections; power, source selection, volume control and connectivity, while attenuating electrical noise that adversely affects the sound quality, an integrated amplifier has come a long way.
A solidly built, nicely-finished integrated amplifier has become all the more popular with laptops, smartphones and streaming services becoming the most chosen music sources.
Want the best? Here’s a quick, wide selection round-up of the feature-packed, best integrated amplifiers for Hi-Fi stereo systems to look out for in 2022.
The RA-1592MKII delivers 200 Watts of Class AB output into 8-ohm speakers supporting your favourite analog, digital, XLR, aptXTM and AAC Bluetooth, PC-USB with MQA and Moving Magnet Phono stage inputs. The audiophile-grade 32-bit/384kHz DAC and precisely tuned circuits deliver an unprecedented sound stage with exacting positioning.
|2 x 350 Watts of robust Class AB power
|Wireless aptX™ and AAC Bluetooth
|Supports MQA and MQA Studio
|Moving magnet phono input for turntable connection
|Certified Roon Tested
- A near limitless supply of music is at our fingertips accessible via streaming, digital mediums, classic vinyl and more
- Offers convenience, performance and value while ensuring seamless integration with control systems
- A no compromise, size-efficient, all-in-one integrated audio product
- Convenience to turn off all digital sources and get analog clarity and detailed reproduction
The MA352 Integrated Amplifier is a hybrid design that brings down the high-quality vacuum tube and solid state audio design principles. The final outcome is an eye-catching amplifier that enjoys the best of these two opposing audio philosophies all while reproducing music at the highest quality level.
|Hybrid design: vacuum tube preamp and solid state power amp
5-band tone control
320 Watts into 4 Ohms
200 Watts into 8 Ohms
- Gold-plated speaker binding posts prevent corrosion and ensure quality signal
- The unit sits on a stainless steel chassis polished to a mirror finish
- Can be paired with an assortment of CD players, turntables, tuners, media streamers and speakers
- Packed with numerous McIntosh technologies including the Patented Power Guard® technology
With HEOS built-in Marantz PM7000N, the Marantz PM7000N is superb for audio connoisseurs, the PM7000N includes high-grade audio components, Marantz own HDAMs, a toroidal transformer and a high-speed instantaneous current power supply.
Stream your favourite music wirelessly via AirPlay2 and Bluetooth, and control the amplifier via the HEOS app or with leading voice agents Apple Siri, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa where supported.
|2ch fully discrete current feedback integrated Hi-Fi amplifier; 60W per channel (8-ohm, 20Hz – 20kHz)
|Shielded toroidal transformer for delivering a high level of clean power
|Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support
|Four analogue inputs, one analogue output, one coaxial input, two optical digital inputs and one USB-A for high-resolution audio files
|Premium Marantz SPKT-1+ speaker terminals
- Supports Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice agents for seamless voice control.
- Play vinyl with exceptional clarity
- Works with your TV remote
- Built with the best-possible components for its Hi-Fi products
The efficient Class A/B amplifier in the Arcam's SA10 allows you to hear each note a finger-picking guitarist plucks, and every nuance of a trained singer's voice. The functionally sophisticated design of the HDA range draws upon all of Arcam’s experience as one of the UK’s most respected audio companies. Arcam strictly uses only the best-in-class quality components, irrespective of the cost.
|Extremely efficient class A/B amplification
|3 digital inputs
|5 analogue inputs including phono
|50W of power per channel
- Efficient class A/B amplification
- Stringently incorporate the best quality components and engineering practices
- One of the UK’s most respected audio companies
- Built to give you years of listening enjoyment
There’s a built-in digital-to-analogue converter with USB, coax and optical digital inputs. The USB input supports PCM files of up to 32-bit/384kHz and DSD256. Its power supply is generously specified and power output is a healthy 160W per channel into an 8 ohm load. It claims to give improved channel separation and balance.
ESS Sabre32 Reference DAC (ES9018K2M)
|Asynchronous USB 2.0 supports PCM up to 384kHz/32-bit
|Coax and optical inputs accept PCM up to 192kHz/24-bit
|Analog bass management with high & low pass crossovers
|Dedicated high current headphone amplifier (TI TPA6120
- Burr Brown analog resistor ladder volume control
- Dimmable front panel volume display
- Updated USB receiver is Plug and play with Windows 10 and MAC
- An additional optical input (2 total)
Hopefully, this blog will make your decision a little easier for you. If you still need more assistance, feel free to get in touch with Ooberpad’s experienced, knowledgeable, and helpful team that will answer all your queries and help you choose the right integrated amplifier while catering to your specific needs.