McIntosh MC1.25KW 1-Channel Solid State Amplifier
Country of Origin: Usa
The MC1.25KW Quad Balanced Power Amplifier is one of the most cutting-edge amplifiers by McIntosh. Redesigned from top to bottom, it replaces the venerable MC1.2KW as the most power-packed single chassis monoblock amplifier. A simple glance at this 158 pound (71.7 kg) amp is enough to convey its power and performance capabilities, but when you hear it – then you’ll truly understand what it can do.
The MC1.25KW outputs 1,200 Watts of pure power into a single channel with a nearly imperceptible total harmonic distortion of 0.005%. This amazing amount of power is fully available to 2, 4 or 8 Ohm speakers via our Autoformer™ technology. A pair of these amps can anchor a home audio system that can rival nearly any stereo system in the world.
Updates and enhancements abound in the MC1.25KW. A 50% boost in filter capacity enhances the performance of low end frequencies as well as increasing dynamic headroom. The top of the amp showcases an updated yet unmistakable McIntosh industrial design that will fit right in with current McIntosh products or those made decades ago. The audio Autoformer and power transformer remain located just behind the front panel but are now contained in new glass topped enclosures. In between them is new circular glasswork housing the amplifier’s name badge that is embellished with a decorative trim ring.
Warranty3-year manufacturer's warranty
- 1,200 Watt Quad Balanced Monoblock
- Redesigned from top to bottom
Benefits of McIntosh MC1.25KW 1-Channel Solid State Amplifier:
McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks
The rear of the unit features 4 of McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™. Made from high quality materials with excellent thermal conductivity properties, these heatsinks are so efficient at dissipating heat that they warrant bearing the McIntosh “Mc” logo. They connect to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate thermal equilibrium lag time so that the first musical note played sounds just as good as songs played later in your listening session. The heatsinks are capped with handsome ventilation trim plates. These trim plates and the circular trim ring are made from aluminum and are finished to match the front panel handles.
The AC receptacle has been repositioned to provide additional clearance so a wider assortment of power cords can more easily be used. All of this sits atop a polished stainless steel chassis which rests on 4 new redesigned feet that feature a chamfered edge. Other updates include an updated power transformer, heavier gauge internal wiring, upgraded circuit components, and the addition of the power management system that will turn the amp off after a set amount of time when no input signal has been detected.
Large, fast responding blue Watt meter
With all the changes and improvements made in the MC1.25KW, one thing that hasn’t changed is the large, fast responding 11” (27.9 cm) blue Watt meter that accurately shows the amp’s power output. Also unchanged is the signature black glass front panel with control knobs, illuminated logo, and aluminum end caps with handles. The front panel and meter have new direct LED backlighting for improved appearance and color accuracy. Both a balanced and unbalanced output are included to make bi-amping or tri-amping your speakers easier; they can also be used to send the audio signal to a secondary system if your preamplifier does not have enough outputs or to connect a powered subwoofer.
Other exclusive McIntosh features included in the MC1.25KW include:
- Power Guard® that monitors and adjusts the output signal at the speed of light and makes real time adjustments to prevent harsh sounding and potentially speaker damaging clipping
- Sentry Monitor™ - our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- Quad Balanced design that cancels virtually all noise and distortion that may have crept into the audio signal
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to other connected McIntosh components (such as CD Players, turntables, tuners and media streamers) for easy system power up and shutdown
- Our patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts that easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short; the binding posts are also gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables
Buy the McIntosh MC1.25KW 1-Channel Solid State Amplifier online at the best price in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and all across India. Enjoy expert, prompt and courteous customer service from the Ooberpad team. We will help you choose better and give you all the support you need to take the right buying decision in India.
Technical Specifications of McIntosh MC1.25KW 1-Channel Solid State Amplifier:
|Brand & Model #||McIntosh MC1.25KW|
|Dimensions & Weight||
PN: All Pre-order/On-Order/Special-Color takes minimum 4-6 weeks to arrange from brand. Please speak with Customer Support Representative incase of any queries.