When it comes to music, going wireless is like discovering freedom.
The ability to access and enjoy music virtually anywhere thanks to wireless technology has probably been the single biggest change to how we listen to music in the past ten years.
Adding a wireless speaker to your entertainment is a huge game-changer.
The best Wi-Fi speakers not only impress your guests with sound but offer features that make your life easier. Wi-Fi streaming lets you control music in a multiroom environment, while offering you voice control (for instance, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple's Siri).
Wireless speakers have also made rapid advancements in HiFi audio quality. High-end wireless audio has actually arrived with new lossless audio formats and increased range.
That’s why wireless speakers for home entertainment are such a popular choice. They can be ideal for you if you're searching for wireless home theatre, multi-room sound system, or portable music.
How do I choose a good wireless speaker?
Setting your priorities and preferences straight is the best place to start when selecting wireless speakers for home entertainment.
There are so many factors to take into account when looking for top wireless speakers, including speaker types, brands, and costs. Furthermore, the features and limitations that wireless home entertainment speakers have can differ greatly from one another.
When you are trying to pick wireless speakers for home entertainment, ask yourself:
- Where in your home will you be using your wireless speaker/s and what sound capacity do you expect?
- Does it need to be really compact and portable, or is it largely going to be in one place?
- What kind of wireless range are you looking for? Do you have walls that might reduce wireless signal strength?
- Do you want a multi-speaker setup or will you require audio across multiple rooms/zones?
- Which wireless technology do you prefer - Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or both?
- How much are you OK with spending on your wireless home theater speakers?
What are some of the best wireless speaker brands?
If you’re looking for a great wireless speaker from a wide array of top wireless speakers, you will find many good options from brands like Devialet, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Naim, Sonus Faber and KEF.
- Devialet Phantom I 108 dB Custom: Feature-packed with a wide array of ground-breaking technologies, the multi-utility and power-packed Phantom I packs a punch with a dynamic ambiance in every space configuration, while their unique design adds edge to any atmosphere. With Devialet, turn any home into a space for superior music experiences. Intuitive and easy to connect, Phantom I Custom easily fits in any audio/video/home automation systems.
- B&W Formation Duos: It offers an immersive soundstage experience, due to an imperceptible in-room 1 microsecond sync between speakers. This wireless speaker is developed to run independently from your home WiFi network to ensure high-resolution audio performance across your home. Additionally, its streamlined user interface takes no time to set up and start playing.
- Naim Muso 2nd Gen: Mu-so 2nd Generation is the successor to the multiple award-winning Mu-so wireless music system, built for superior performance, functionality and usability by Naim's experts in Salisbury, England. Bringing together Naim's 45 years of hi-fi mastery with contemporary music-streaming technology and top-of-the-line design quality, this is a truly stellar single-box system. From up to 32bit high-resolution streaming to multi-room music to HDMI TV sound; it is unprecedented among the others in the line-up of all-in-one wireless systems.
- KEF LS50 Wireless II: Considered as the best premium stereo wireless speaker. A true audiophile wireless speaker for those that are after luxury high-definition sound. We couldn't fault this when we tested it and gave it a full five stars across the board.
- Sonus Faber Omnia: Best wireless speaker for design. This impressively-designed crescent-shaped hi-fi system is a plush Italian speaker that sounds good and looks appealing. It has a smart wooden top panel that comes in walnut and graphite colorways.
Think about what type of speaker will suit you best
It's important to know which type of speaker you seek when choosing wireless speakers for home entertainment.
A casual listener looking for something portable and rugged that they can carry easily will prefer a very different set of features than an audiophile.
For most casual listeners the common portable “pill-type”, cube or bar shaped or bluetooth speakers should be a good choice.
They are really compact, affordable, water resistant and have a fair amount of sound for a small get together. If you’re looking for a superior quality however, you may prefer systems with more sound output, refined audio reproduction, multi-room capability and support for lossless formats.
These types of wireless home cinema speakers tend to be much pricier, but also create a better listening experience.
What is the key advantage that wireless speakers have over bluetooth speakers?
A key element of the listening experience tends to be the quality of the wireless connection.
While Bluetooth works well enough when you are stationary or close to the speakers, it can drop the connection as you move farther.
WiFi may be a better option in these situations, because it holds connections better and its coverage can be extended with additional WiFi routers or extenders into more distant parts of the house.
Finally, it’s a wrap from Team Ooberpad!
This round-up offers an informative breakdown of the top wireless speakers 2024 in India and their brief description.
We hope this specially curated guide turns out to be helpful for you.